5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2021 11:42 AM by Cara Jensen

    Need SF-50 for federal job applications


      I have made several request for my SF-50 so I can apply for federal Jobs.  I understand the NPRC has a limited staff at the moment.  I have called the hotline number at (618) 935-3000 and left multiple messages and have not received a return call. I really need help getting my SF-50 ASAP.  I have been disqualified numerous times because I could not provide an updated SF-50 though I am qualified for the positions.

        • Re: Need SF-50 for federal job applications
          Cara Jensen Tracker

          Dear Giang Ha,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub. 


          If you are a current Federal employee, you may obtain your SF-50 through the eOPF (electronic Official Personnel Folder) specific to your department or branch.   The system may be accessed by https://eopf.opm.gov/ .  If you need assistance logging into your system, contact the Human Resources department of your Federal agency.


          If you are not a current Federal employee, the last SF-50 you received would be the last one in your OPF.   Written requests may be mailed or faxed to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295. The fax number is 618-935-3014. Please include full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of employing Federal agency, and beginning and ending dates of Federal service.  For more information, please check their web site at https://www.archives.gov/personnel-records-center/civilian-non-archival.


          Update: Please see also: The SF 50: That Elusive Form Everyone Needs ASAP which covers many aspects of SF-50 requests in detail.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from NPRC. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your request.

          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Need SF-50 for federal job applications
            Holly Rivet Tracker

            Dear Ms. Ha,


            This is an update to our previous response.


            The Civilian Personnel Records Center closed on August 19, 2020 due to unsafe local public health metrics.  CPR will remain closed until local public health conditions improve. During the closure, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only.  Since you are requesting the SF-50 for an employment opportunity and it is needed immediately, please resubmit your request.  Write "urgent" on the outside of the envelope to expedite the process.


            For more information on the NPRC Phased Reopening, please visit https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records-0 .


            We hope this update is helpful.



            Holly Rivet

            1 person found this helpful
            • Re: Need SF-50 for federal job applications

              I have received my SF-50.