1 Reply Latest reply on May 26, 2020 11:46 AM by Thomas Richardson

    Seeking name of ship that Andrew Galuska, Jr served on


      I would like to know the name of the ship my father served on during the Korean War. His name is Andrew Galuska, Jr, and I believe he served on some type of radar ship during the conflict.  He was enlisted (volunteered).

        • Re: Seeking name of ship that Andrew Galuska, Jr served on
          Thomas Richardson Tracker

          Dear Mr. Galuska,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          To determine what ship he served on, we suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and medical records of enlisted men of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1885 and prior to 1958 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC.  You can also fax the form to 314-801-9195. Veterans and their next of kin can also use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this information is helpful.