1 Reply Latest reply on May 19, 2020 9:21 AM by Holly Rivet

    Seeking military records of Colonel Philip Stone Donnell


      I am looking Military records for Colonel Philip Stone Donnell, who served(?) from 1910 to 1949 and his history for Family Biography of Grandfather.

        • Re: Seeking military records of Colonel Philip Stone Donnell
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Mr. Britt,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs  for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces and who were separated from the service prior to 1958 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where Army and Army Air Corps personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy and Marine Corps OMPFs were not affected by the fire. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002.  Include all biographical information you have such as date and place of birth, service number, or copies of any separation documents you may have. You also may fax the form to 314-801-9195.


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!



          Holly Rivet


          1 person found this helpful