2 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2020 12:52 PM by Elliot Schneider

    Seeking copy of DD-214


      I have been trying to fax my request to receive a copy of my DD-214 because I’m trying to apply for Veterans monetary benefits due to Covid-19 and me being out of work.. But every time that I try sending the fax to National Archives the fax number is always busy. So I mailed my request. I have not received any notification or response to my request. I really need a copy of my DD-214 ASAP. Thank you.

        • Re: Seeking copy of DD-214
          Thomas Richardson Navigator

          Dear Ms. Person,


          Thank you for submitting your question on the History Hub.


          Please allow at least 10 days for the National Personnel Records Center to receive and process your request, after which you may check the status of your request by e-mail through the NPRC Customer Service Center at mpr.status@nara.gov. Please provide the request number, the name, address and phone number of the requester, and the veteran's branch of service in order to aid NPRC to find your request in their system. You will receive a return email from NPRC with a projected completion date for your request.


          You may also telephone the NPRC Customer Service Line (this is a long-distance call for most customers) at 314-801-0800.


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this information is helpful.


          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking copy of DD-214
            Elliot Schneider Ranger



            I would suggest that if you can to contact your State Veterans Office, or local county veterans office or local recorder's office. Many returning veterans were required to have discharge papers recorded. Especially if they were receiving  state benefits. Found my fathers this way.


            Best of luck in your search.



            Elliot Schneider