2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2020 7:31 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking military records of William Padgett


      I am searched for service records of my father, William Padgett.

        • Re: Seeking military records of William Padgett
          joan stachnik Tracker

          Hi Brenda, can you share a little more information regarding your father and his service? Looking at the AAD database from NARA (https://aad.archives.gov/aad/display-partial-records.jsp?f=3475&mtch=59&q=William+Padgett&cat=WR26&dt=893&tf=F&bc=sl), there are a number of men named William Padgett who served in the military (assuming during World War II). joan

          • Re: Seeking military records of William Padgett
            Jason Atkinson Ranger

            Dear Ms. Crawhorn,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            To seek the records of William Padgett, please begin by requesting a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces during most of the 20th century are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where Army and Air Force personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy and Marine Corps OMPFs were not affected by the fire. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


            Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


            If he separated from service during the 1990s through the present, his OMPF may still be with his branch of service.  Please see Locations of Service Records for details.


            We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!