2 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2020 2:32 PM by Holly Rivet

    Seeking military records for Helen Sterling Walls


      Hello, My mother-in-law served in WWII.  I have no records or notes for her.  Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

        • Re: Seeking military records for Helen Sterling Walls
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          Helen S. Walls, from Pennsylvania and born 1924. She was considered a Women's Army Corps (WAC) and she enlisted in the war 12/18/1944 her Army Serial# A-319743. please us this information and use the same method that i gave you for your father in-law. Hope this helps and you get the information your seeking.




          Elliot Schneider

          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking military records for Helen Sterling Walls
            Holly Rivet Tracker

            Dear Ms. Jessup,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            The World War II Army Enlistment Records are in the custody of the National Archives at College Park - Electronic Records (RDE) and are available via AAD (Access to Archival Databases) on the National Archives website at: https://aad.archives.gov/aad/.  Please click on "World War II" under the category section. A list of the databases relating to WWII will appear and select the first database to search the WWII Army Enlistment Records.  Please see this link for her enlistment record.


            We suggest that you request a copy of her Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces and who were separated from the service prior to 1958 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where Army and Army Air Corps personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. You can also fax the form to 314-801-9195. Veterans and their next of kin can also use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


            Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, National Archives research rooms and museums are closed to the public until further notice and the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


            We hope this information is helpful!



            Holly Rivet