2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2020 2:52 PM by Holly Rivet

    Seeking military record of Joseph C. Glorioso III


      Can I get a copy of the honorable discharge from the US army for Joseph C. Glorioso III?

        • Re: Seeking military record of Joseph C. Glorioso III
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          You will need to request his records using the SF-180 or through the NARA website tab under veterans resources and complete online at evetrecs. However, they are only processing emergency requests currently. Otherwise, would suggest waiting until the NPRC resumes normal operation. For the mean time try to gather as much information you can pertaining to your family member.




          Elliot Schneider

          • Re: Seeking military record of Joseph C. Glorioso III
            Holly Rivet Tracker

            Dear Mr. Glorioso,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            Accessing the separation document of another person depends on a few conditions.  If this man separated from service 62 years from today's date or later, then you may request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF).  This file will contain either a separation document or information needed to construct one (enlistment, separation, character of conduct, and final rank) depending on the era in which he was separated.

            If the date of his separation is less than 62 years, then his record is non-archival.  If this is the case, only the veteran or his next-of-kin may access his record without submitting a FOIA request.  You may access this record by submitting a completed SF-180 to the National Personnel Records Center 1 Archives Drive St. Louis, Missouri 63138.  Please indicate that you are seeking a separation document.


            Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, National Archives research rooms and museums are closed to the public until further notice and the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


            We hope this is helpful.



            Holly Rivet

            1 person found this helpful