2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2020 8:17 AM by Jason Atkinson

Seeking photographs related to Jenin, Palestine

Mohammed Shaireh Newbie

How do I find photos related to my city, Jenin, in Palestine in the Archives?

• Re: Seeking photographs related to Jenin, Palestine
          LOC Manuscript Division Tracker

Dear Mohammed Shaireh -

I you haven't already done so, a search of the Library of Congress Prints and Photographs catalog will turn up a number of photographs of Jenin. 

Questions about these photographs should be directed to my colleagues in the Prints and Photographs Division

Sincerely,

Patrick

Manuscript Reference Librarian
          Manuscript Division
          Library of Congress

• Re: Seeking photographs related to Jenin, Palestine
            Jason Atkinson Pioneer

Dear Mr. Shaireh,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog for photographs “Jenin” without success, although there may be photographs of Jenin that are not labeled as such in the Catalog description.  We also searched for “Palestine” and located 41 series, 52 file units, and 520 items. For more information about these records, please email the reference units listed in the Catalog description.

The bulk of the photographs in the National Archives are in the custody of the National Archives at College Park - Still Pictures (RDSS). Please email  stillpix@nara.gov to request an additional search of their finding aids.  In your email, please be as specific as possible about the time period and topic you are researching.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDSS. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!