1 Reply Latest reply on May 6, 2020 3:10 PM by Holly Rivet

    Seeking Marine who won Bronze Star


      I am trying to find out if Clearance Walker was awarded the Bronze star in 1966. He was a private in the Marine Corps. Any information on him would be helpful.

        • Re: Seeking Marine who won Bronze Star

          Dear Mr. Everest,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs of officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. Marine Corps who were separated from service after 1958 and prior to May 1994 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NRPC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  The OMPF will contain documentation of medals and other citations awarded.  As the separation of this service member is less than 62 years from today's date it it still considered Archival and is subject to restrictions to protect personal information. 


          You may request his record under the Freedom of Information Act by completing and submitting a Standard Form 180 to the NPRC. For more information regarding records requesting, please visit https://www.archives.gov/personnel-records-center/ompf-access-public.


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this is helpful.



          Holly Rivet