1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 28, 2020 7:31 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking records about Lawrence Finnigan


      I am trying to find any and all documents from my father's time serving our country during the Korean War era, 1952-1955. His name is LAWRENCE WILLIAM FINNIGAN and he is listed as a U1/ DECKHAND on a Navy ship.

        • Re: Seeking records about Lawrence Finnigan
          Jason Atkinson Guide

          Dear Ms. Finnigan,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and medical records of enlisted men of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1885 and prior to 1958 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC. Veterans and their next of kin can also use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          However, please note that due to the coronavirus public health emergency, National Archives research rooms and museums are closed to the public until further notice and the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.

          We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!