3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2020 9:29 AM by Anita Garcia Branched to a new discussion.

Seeking my Military records

Anita Garcia Newbie

I am interested in finding my military record.

• Re: Seeking my Military records
          Elliot Schneider Navigator

Anita,

Suggest using the SF-180 form, and following the instructions on the form. You can also utilize the NARA website under veterans resources and do it online under vetrecs. Either way currently NPRC is only processing emergency request and suggest doing this once normal operations resume.

Thanks,

Elliot Schneider

1 person found this helpful
            Holly Rivet Tracker

Dear Ms. Garcia,

Thank you for posting your request to History Hub!

To request a copy of your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF), please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to the corresponding address located in the table on page 3.  Alternatively, you may also use eVetRecs to request your record. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. If your record is held at the National Archives at St. Louis, you also may fax the form to 314-801-9195  If your record  was destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued.

Please note that the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) has suspended reproduction and digitization services until further notice due to COVID-19. Orders will not be serviced until operations can resume safely. Once operations resume, document reproduction requests will be filled in the order in which they were received. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
            Holly Rivet

Anita Garcia Newbie

Thank you!