3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2021 1:41 PM by Rebecca Collier

    Seeking my SF-50


      I need an SF-50 to apply for a Pharmacist position at the VA. In Dec 1975, I worked as a Mail Handler at the Dallas Bulk Mail Center and between 1 April 1983 and 31 Mar 1989.  I was a Pharmacy Specialist in the USAR.

        • Re: Seeking my SF-50
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Mr. Parker,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest contacting the National Personnel Records Center, Annex to obtain a copy of your SF-50.  They will require a signed document stating what you are asking for, your full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number, name and location of employing Federal agency, as well as beginning and ending dates of Federal service. Please specify that you are requesting a final SF-50 from federal service. Submit this via mail at: National Personnel Records Center, Annex 1411 Boulder Boulevard Valmeyer, IL 62295 or FAX to 618-935-3014.  Their hotline number is (618) 935-3000.


          Due to the Coronavirus public health emergency, the Civilian Personnel Records Center is working at reduced staff levels and only on high priority cases.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this information has been helpful!



          Holly Rivet

          1 person found this helpful
            • Re: Seeking my SF-50
              Blake Gale Newbie

              Tried calling, no answer for an sf 50, also tried faxing and it wouldn't go through. Are there new numbers or a different number to fax a request? are people working now? thanks

                • Re: Seeking my SF-50
                  Rebecca Collier Ranger

                  Dear Mr. Gale,


                  Thank you for posting your follow-up request on History Hub!


                  NARA closed the Civilian Personnel Records Center (CPR) in Valmeyer, IL, until further notice. The local jurisdiction where CPR is located (Monroe County, IL) reported public health metrics that exceeded NARA’s targets for safe operation of our facilities. CPR will remain closed until local public health conditions improve. During the closure, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only.


                  If a SF-50 is required for employment opportunities or to apply for retirement and is needed immediately, please submit your request via mail to National Personnel Records Center, Annex; 1411 Boulder Boulevard; Valmeyer, IL 62295 and indicate on the outside of the envelope that the request is urgent or an emergency.


                  We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


                  1 person found this helpful