2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2020 1:47 PM by Thomas Richardson

    Seeking  Connecticut National Guard records from 1957


      Where can I find Connecticut National Guard records from 1957? I enlisted in the Conn. National Guard in 1957... a 90mm anti aircraft battalion. The program required 6 mos. active duty followed by 5 1/2 years as an active reserve member. As a result of business transfers, I was assigned to a USMC Reserve unit (5th Engineers, Roanoke VA) and then reassigned to an Army Reserve unit in NYC (77th Infantry Division).   I was Honorably Discharged from The USMCR and The Army Reserve.   I need to confirm my service and, if possible, get the names of the unit Commanders.

      Could use a little help. Many thanks!

        • Re: Seeking  Connecticut National Guard records from 1957
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          Please contact the CONNECTICUT NATIONAL GUARD HISTORICAL RECORDS using "Request For and/or Release of Records" procedures for obtaining a DD Form 214 and/or other documents needed for verification of military service the Connecticut National Guard:


          1. Service member or authorized representative must complete a Standard Form 180.  Download the form by clicking this icon:

          SF 180

          2. Submit the Standard Form 180 to the Connecticut Military Department by mail, fax or email


          Elliot Schneider

          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking  Connecticut National Guard records from 1957
            Thomas Richardson Navigator

            Dear Mr. Ullman,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            National Guard records are held by either the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) or the National Guard Bureau of the state where you served in the National Guard. For access to personnel records of non-active duty Army National Guard enlisted personnel and officers, contact the Adjutant General of Connecticut at their website: Connecticut Military Department.


            We also suggest that you request a copy of your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Army and U.S. Marines after 1958 and prior to October 16, 1992 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. You also may fax the form to 314-801-9195 OR view the record by visiting the NPRC Archival Research Room in St. Louis, MO. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


            Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from the NPRC. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


            We hope this information is helpful.