2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2020 4:46 PM by Elliot Schneider Branched from an earlier discussion.

    Seeking records of Anthony Carbral


      I am looking for Anthony Phillip Carbral. I think he is a Jr. He has never been in my life since I was a baby. I read the letter he wrote to child support. That he didn't want anything to do with me.  My mother didn't want me either. All I want from him, is his background and medical. I just want my children to know about him and his medical history. All I was told that he was in the Navy. Maybe between 1960 to 1980. Anthony was on a ship. Don't know the name of the ship. Please help..

        • Re: Seeking records of Anthony Carbral
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Ms. Carbral,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and medical records of enlisted men and officers of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1958 and prior to January 31, 1994 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC.  Next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. If there is any information you do not know, you can leave it blank, however the more information you provide, the easier it will be for NPRC staff to locate the correct file. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, National Archives research rooms and museums are closed to the public until further notice and the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this information is helpful.


          • Re: Seeking records of Anthony Carbral
            Elliot Schneider Ranger



            I presume you were born before he entered the Navy?  If you were not and he was in the Navy at the time of your birth it may be possible you were born at a military hospital. You can try to obtain his military records and medical records from the NPRC. BUt looks like right now they are only processing emergency requests. Would suggest following up with them when normal operations resume. The form you will need to fill out is called the SF-180 and will need to fill out as much information as possible. I would suggest check marking the box "other" and reason for genealogy or medical.




            Elliot Schneider