1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 15, 2020 9:29 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking documentation of my service time


      I suffered a stroke on November 14 2018. I'm retiring on Disability. I'm trying get my service time, between or from November 1991 to November 1994.  I was stationed at the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany, GA.

        • Re: Seeking documentation of my service time
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Mr. Harpe,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

          We suggest that you request a copy of your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs of officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. Marine Corps who were separated from service prior to 1999 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NRPC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC.  Veterans also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, National Archives research rooms and museums are closed to the public until further notice and the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals which may be faxed to 314-801-0764.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this information is helpful.