1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 10, 2020 12:17 PM by Holly Rivet

    How do I get my SF-50?


      How do I get my SF-50 from a previous postal worker job in Detroit, Michigan, 1974-1979?  Please advise. Thank you,

        • Re: How do I get my SF-50?
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Ms. Bowser,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest contacting the National Personnel Records Center, Annex to obtain a copy of your SF-50.  They will require a signed document stating what you are asking for, your full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number, name and location of employing Federal agency, as well as beginning and ending dates of Federal service. Submit this via mail at: National Personnel Records Center, Annex 1411 Boulder Boulevard Valmeyer, IL 62295 or FAX to 618-935-3014.  Their hotline number is (618) 935-3000.


          Due to the Coronavirus public health emergency, the Civilian Personnel Records Center is working at reduced staff levels and only working high priority cases.  We thank you for your patience and look forward to resuming normal operations when the public health emergency has ended.


          We hope this information has been helpful!



          Holly Rivet

          1 person found this helpful