2 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2020 8:42 PM by Leonard Cizewski

Seeking WWII 45th Infantry Division General Orders

Leonard Cizewski Wayfarer

I would like copies of the following 45th Infantry Division General Orders:

GO 260 dated 8 Nov 1944

GO 270 dated 18 Nov 1944

GO 271 dated 19 Nov 1944

GO 278 dated 26 Nov 1944

GO 279 dated 27 Nov 1944

GO 286 dated 2 Dec 1944

GO 295 dated 11 Dec 1944

Thank you.

• Re: Seeking WWII 45th Infantry Division General Orders
          Jason Atkinson Navigator

Dear Mr. Cizewski,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

As we have stated in our replies to your previous inquiry, the record series World War II Operations Reports, 1940-1948 in the Records of the Adjutant General's Office, 1917-1981 (Record Group 407) includes general orders of the 45th Infantry Division. While History Hub can provide information about records, we are not equipped to fulfill reproduction requests. Therefore, we suggest that you refer all requests for specific general orders for this unit from this series directly to the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov.

However, please note that the National Archives and Records Administration has suspended reproduction and digitization services until further notice due to COVID-19. Orders will not be serviced until operations can resume safely. We apologize for any inconvenience. Once operations resume, document reproduction requests will be filled in the order in which they were received

We hope this information is helpful.

1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking WWII 45th Infantry Division General Orders
            Leonard Cizewski Wayfarer

Hi Jason,

First, my apologies for forgetting that you had already taught me the procedure for requesting General Orders.

I will remember them next time we need General Orders.

Once the National Archives reopens, I will follow the instructions you again shared for obtaining the ones we need.

Thank you for your patience.