2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2020 9:28 AM by Holly Rivet

How to request a copy of SF-50?

Tonya Durry Newbie

I am unable to request a copy of my SF-50 and other information because I don’t have my hire and separation dates. I’ve already contacted the Federal agency where I was previously employed.  I need this information in order to receive my TSP Number to obtain pension information.  Please advise as this is becoming a very frustrating process.

• Re: How to request a copy of SF-50?
          Holly Rivet Tracker

Dear Ms. Durry,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

Due to the Coronavirus public health emergency, the Civilian Personnel Records Center is working at reduced staff and only working high priority cases.  They will have the EOPF 90 days from the separation of service.  They will require a signed document stating what you are asking for, full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number, name and location of employing Federal agency, as well as beginning and ending dates of Federal service. Submit this via mail at: National Personnel Records Center, Annex 1411 Boulder Boulevard Valmeyer, IL 62295 or FAX to 618-935-3014.  Their hotline number is (618) 935-3000.

However, to have your TSP number mailed to you, please visit https://www.tsp.gov/tsp/forgottenAccount.html.

We hope this is helpful!

Sincerely,

Holly Rivet

1 person found this helpful
          • Re: How to request a copy of SF-50?
            Holly Rivet Tracker

Dear Ms. Durry,

This is an update to our previous response.

The Civilian Personnel Records Center closed on August 19, 2020 due to unsafe local public health metrics.  CPR will remain closed until local public health conditions improve. During the closure, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only.  Since you are requesting the SF-50 for employment purposes and it is needed immediately, please resubmit your request.  Write "urgent" on the outside of the envelope to expedite the process.

For more information on the NPRC Phased Reopening, please visit https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records-0 .

We hope this update is helpful.

Sincerely,

Holly Rivet

1 person found this helpful