1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 1, 2020 10:19 AM by Holly Rivet

Seeking military records of Robert E Taylor

Beth Hornsby Newbie

I'm doing genealogy, I have found the U.S.WWII Draft Card for Young Men, 1940-1947 for Robert Edward Taylor (Serial number 16, order number 12124). His date of birth is February 4, 1922 and he lived at 7459 S. Bennett Ave. Chicago Cook, IL. His Registration Date is 30 June 1942; Enlistment Date is 30 November 1942; and Released Date is 27 September 1945. That's all the information I have.

What I am looking for is all the places he was station at and if he listed his wife Jane Taylor on any of his paperwork. He married her while in the service, but I can't find out where. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank You

• Re: Seeking military records of Robert E Taylor
          Holly Rivet Tracker

Dear Ms. Hornsby,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We recommend you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF).  This file will contain basic biographical information, correspondence, and training and movement during his time in the service. You may access this record by submitting a completed SF-180 to the National Personnel Records Center 1 Archives Drive St. Louis, Missouri 63138.  Please include all of the information you provided in your post.

The Serial and Order Numbers you have from the WWII Draft Registration Card are used to locate the corresponding Classification Ledger.  This ledger was used to classify a man's qualification to be drafted. It may contain date and results of armed forces physical examination, entry into active/reserve duty, date of separation, and general remarks.  You may order a duplication of the Classification Ledger entry using the Selective Service Request Form.

Please note that the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) has suspended reproduction and digitization services until further notice due to COVID-19. Orders will not be serviced until operations can resume safely. Once operations resume, document reproduction requests will be filled in the order in which they were received. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

We hope this is helpful! Best of luck with your family research!

Sincerely,

Holly Rivet

1 person found this helpful