1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 19, 2020 1:05 PM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking records of USS Intrepid & my uncle

    Frederick Ludwikowski Newbie

      I am trying to find out if my uncle, E. Laskiewicz, was aboard the USS Intrepid during WWII. I have a photo that may be him.

        • Re: Seeking records of USS Intrepid & my uncle
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Mr. Ludwikowski,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you first request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Navy and who were separated from the service prior to 1958 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. You can also fax the form to 314-801-9195. If there is any information requested by the form that you do not know, you can leave the space blank or give a rough estimate, however the more information you provide, the easier it will be for NPRC staff to locate the correct file.  For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          The OMPF will identify your uncle’s assignments. Once you know which organizations he was assigned to and which dates he was assigned to them, you can then post a follow-up request on History Hub or contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov to request ship deck logs, war diaries, and other records.


          We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!