1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 20, 2020 9:15 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking military records of Robert E Conley


      Seeking military records for Robert E Conley. He was assigned to 1st Army during D-Day and then assigned to Patton's 3rd Army and engaged in the invasion of Germany. I think he enlisted Sep 1942.  I think that this is his enlistment information:


      Robert E Conley

      Birth Year:



      White, citizen (White)

      Nativity State:


      State of Residence:


      County or City:


      Enlistment Date:

      26 Sep 1942

      Enlistment State:


      Enlistment City:



      Air Corps

      Branch Code:

      Air Corps



      Grade Code:


      Term of Enlistment:

      Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law


      Army of the United States - includes the following: Voluntary enlistments effective December 8, 1941 and thereafter; One year enlistments of National Guardsman whose State enlistment expires while in the Federal Service; Officers appointed in the Army of


      Civil Life


      2 years of high school

      Civil Occupation:

      Skilled mechanics and repairmen, n.e.c.

      Marital status:

      Single, without dependents





      Original data: National Archives and Records Administration. Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, 1938-1946 [Archival Database]; ARC: 1263923. World War II Army Enlistment Records; Records of the National Archives and Records Administration, Record Group 64; National Archives at College Park. College Park, Maryland.  Any information would be greatly appreciated!

        • Re: Seeking military records of Robert E Conley
          Jason Atkinson Guide

          Dear Ms. Williams,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after October 1912 and prior to 1958 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. You can also fax the form to 314-801-9195 OR view the record by visiting the NPRC Archival Research Room in St. Louis, MO. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!


          1 person found this helpful