1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 23, 2020 3:18 PM by Rebecca Collier

Seeking information about Joseph Hartsock

Andrew Twele Newbie

What job might a Technician 5th Grade have done within a WWII Field Artillery Battery? I'm curious because my (now deceased) Grandpa served in the 372nd Field Artillery Battalion (155mm Howitzer), Battery C, 99th Infantry Division. His name is Joseph Hartsock. I don't have his service number with me today but could post it in the future if it would be helpful.

• Re: Seeking information about Joseph Hartsock
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

Dear Mr. Twele,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the World War II Operations Reports, 1940-1948 in the Records of the Adjutant General's Office, 1917-1981 (Record Group 407) and located histories for 15 November 1942 to December 1944 and after action reports for November 1944 to 10 May 1945 of the 372nd Field Artillery Battalion, 99th Infantry Division. For access to and/or copies of these records, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov. We were unable to locate specific records of Battery C.  Records of lower echelon units sometimes were incorporated into the files of the battalion.

We suggest reviewing the articles available via the World Library

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

1 person found this helpful