1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 12, 2020 8:48 AM by Lisha Penn

Seeking additional records of the 945th Anti-Artillery Regiment

Thomas Arnhold Newbie

I am looking for records of the 2nd Battalion, 198th Anti-Artillery Regiment and the 2nd Battalion, 945th Anti-Artillery Regiment during World War II. My dad, Richard A. Arnhold, was in these units. I am trying to find out what battery he was in and any other information concerning the units. I have already received his personnel records from St. Louis and obtained the unit histories from the National Archives.

• Re: Seeking additional records of the 945th Anti-Artillery Regiment
          Lisha Penn Navigator

Dear Mr. Arnhold,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

Since you already have unit records for both units, we suggest that you request access to and/or copies of the unit rosters and morning reports. Copies of most of the monthly rosters (from November 1912 - 1943 & 1947 - 1959) and morning reports (from November 1, 1912 to 1959) for Army units are in the custody of the National Archives at St. Louis (RL-SL). For access to these records, please write to the National Archives at St. Louis, ATTN: RL-SL, P.O. Box 38757, St. Louis, MO 63138-0757 or via email at stl.archives@nara.gov.

Please note that rosters for Army units serving in World War II from 1944 - 1946 were destroyed in accordance with Army disposition authorities.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!