1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 11, 2020 7:20 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking records from 2008 about a combat incident


      Hello, I am veteran who was discharged (Medical Chapter 61 retirement). I am currently looking for official documents such as incident reports so I can complete and submit my paperwork for VA benefits. The date of the incident was May 7, 2008  in the Sabari District, Afghanistan. I served in the 4/320th Field Artillery Regiment and 2/506th Regimental Combat Team. Thank you

        • Re: Seeking records from 2008 about a combat incident
          Jason Atkinson Guide

          Dear Mr. Arnold,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Records for units that served in Afghanistan are still in the legal custody of the Army. For the exact location of these files, please contact Anthony Crawley-Gibson, Army Records Officer, Army Records Management Division, 7701 Telegraph Road, Alexandria, VA 22315. The telephone number is 703-428-6464 and email is anthony.d.crawley-gibson.civ@mail.mil. Please request the name of the facility where the records are stored, the transfer numbers, and box numbers.


          We hope this information is helpful.