1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 2, 2020 9:23 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking information on Army Reserve Unit designated "3003rd"


      I need help locating any information for an Army Reserve Unit in Orlando, FL designated the "3003rd" from the early 1960s. My father-in-law served six years in the Reserve and has only his ID card from then to prove it. I am trying to help him recreate his records for possible benefits. Much obliged.

        • Re: Seeking information on Army Reserve Unit designated "3003rd"
          Jason Atkinson Guide

          Dear Mr. Cope,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

          We suggest that he request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Army Reserves after 1958 and prior to October 16, 1992 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. You also may fax the form to 314-801-9195 OR view the record by visiting the NPRC Archival Research Room in St. Louis, MO. Veterans may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. We suggest that the request be submitted by your father rather than yourself in order to avoid redactions. If necessary you may assist him in submitting the request. For more information see Request Military Service Records.

          If your request is truly urgent (for example, upcoming surgery or other major time sensitive medical treatment) please follow the procedures outlined on Emergency Requests and Deadlines.

          The OMPF should contain information about the units to which he was assigned, as well as serving as proof of service for the purpose of veteran benefits. 


          We hope this information is helpful.