1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 2, 2020 9:26 AM by Jason Atkinson

Seeking my service records while in Army Reserve

Jacob Koenig Newbie

Where can i find record of my service in the Army Reserve?  I need my DD-256

• Re: Seeking my service records while in Army Reserve
          Jason Atkinson Pioneer

Dear Mr. Koenig,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We suggest that you request a copy of your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs for those who served in the U.S. Army Reserves after 1957 and prior to October 2002 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. You also may fax the form to 314-801-9195 OR view the record by visiting the NPRC Archival Research Room in St. Louis, MO. Veterans may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Request Military Service Records.

Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) for those who served in the U.S. Army and the Army Reserves served since October 2002 are in the custody of the U. S. Army Human Resources Command, ATTN: AHRC-PDR-VIB, 1600 Spearhead Division Avenue, Department 420, Fort Knox, KY 40122-5402. The telephone number is 1-888-276-9472; email address is askhrc.army@us.army.mil; and the web site is www.hrc.army.mil.

We hope this information is helpful.