1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 27, 2020 1:29 PM by Lisha Penn

    Seeking my naturalization records


      I need to find my naturalization records

        • Re: Seeking my naturalization records
          Lisha Penn Pioneer

          Dear Ms. Bly,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Depending on the date of your naturalization, the National Archives may or may not have a record of the proceedings. Naturalization records dated prior to October 1991 from the Federal courts are at NARA’s various facilities. Naturalization records dated after September 1991 were created by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) and are now with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).


          In either case, we suggest that you can file a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to USCIS to obtain a copy of your Alien File (A-File) at www.uscis.gov/g-639. Your A-File will contain a record of your naturalization. You also may request a replacement certificate of citizenship from USCIS at www.uscis.gov/n-565


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!


          [Information provided by Elizabeth Burnes, Subject Matter Expert]