1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 24, 2020 10:58 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking military records for Lyle T. Shargent


      I want to locate all Military records pertaining to Vietnam for Lyle T. Shargent during the years 1967 to 1968.

        • Re: Seeking military records for Lyle T. Shargent
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Mr. Shargent,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

          To seek the records of Lyle T. Shargent, please begin by requesting a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces during the Vietnam War are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. You also may fax the form to 314-801-9195 OR view the record by visiting the NPRC Archival Research Room in St. Louis, MO. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          We hope this information is helpful.

          1 person found this helpful