2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2020 10:05 AM by Lisa Sharik Branched from an earlier discussion.

    Seeking my Army National Guard records


      I enlisted In the Army National Guard back in 1984. I was wondering how I get my records so I can have them? I lost mine in a fire. I don't have my honorable discharge papers. I need those to sign up for my discounts as a veteran. Please notify me.


        • Re: Seeking my Army National Guard records
          Lisha Penn Pioneer

          Dear Mr. Moore,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs for those who served in the U.S. Army National Guard after 1957 and prior to October 16, 1992 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. 


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

          • Re: Seeking my Army National Guard records
            Lisa Sharik Scout

            You can also check at the current Army National Guard HQ for the state in which you served. Here in Texas records for soldiers who served in the Texas National Guard are held at Retained Records, on Camp Mabry in Austin Texas.


            Lisa Sharik

            Deputy Director

            Texas Military Forces Museum