1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 3, 2020 12:47 PM by Hannah Bingham

Seeking records of 650th Medical Clearing Company, WWII

schaun myers Newbie

I'm trying to find out information on the 650th Medical Clearing Company in WWII.  I had been part of the 55th Medical Battalion but was attached to another unit in 1944.  My uncle was a medic in this unit and I'm trying to get a better idea of his experiences.  Any help would be appreciated.

• Re: Seeking records of 650th Medical Clearing Company, WWII
          Hannah Bingham Adventurer

Dear Mr. Myers,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located a series titled Unit Annual Reports, 1940 - 1949 in the Records of the Office of the Surgeon General (Army) (Record Group 112) that includes a file unit for the 650th Medical Clearing Company [Box 372, Loc:390/17/25/2] that contains the “Periodical Report, Medical Department Activities” from 14 Jan 1946 for the 650th Medical Clearing Company. This report indicates that the 650th Medical Clearing Company Separate was formerly Company D of the 55th Medical Battalion before 1944. This series also contains the file unit for the 55th Medical Battalion that contains weekly operational reports and a “History of the 55th Medical Battalion” from 18 January 1946. For access to and/or copies of these records, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov.

We also searched the Unit Histories, 1943 - 1967 in the Records of U.S. Army Operational, Tactical, and Support Organizations (World War II and Thereafter) ( Record Group 338) and the World War II Operations Reports, 1940-1948 in the Records of the Adjutant General's Office, 1917-1981 (Record Group 407) but were unable to locate additional records pertaining to the 650th Medical Clearing Company or the 55th Medical Battalion during WWII.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!

1 person found this helpful