1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 19, 2020 10:40 AM by Rebecca Collier

    Seeking Replacement medals


      I was awarded the Air Medal with Clusters in Vietnam in 1970. I never received the medal. I tried to get a replacement medal. I went to a site and completed and "NPRC WEB" request form. The site says it handles replacement medals, but does not show any place to ask for medals. I'm trying to understand the system. How does one go about asking for a replacement medal? To anyone who answered this question, please give details. Obviously, I didn't succeed on my own the first time, so I'm gonna need some directions.

        • Re: Seeking Replacement medals
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Mr. Chandler,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          For Air Force (including Army Air Corps), Army, and Navy personnel, NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) will verify the awards to which a veteran is entitled and forward the request with the verification to the appropriate service department for issuance of the medals.  For requesting medals and awards and instead of using eVetRecs, please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail/send it to NARA's Military Personnel Records, National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Provide as much information as possible in Section II under "other."


          We hope this is helpful.



          1 person found this helpful