1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 7, 2020 11:46 AM by Rebecca Collier

    Seeking my husband's DD-214


      I want to request a copy of my husband's DD-214

        • Re: Seeking my husband's DD-214
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Ms. Smith,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          For a copy of your husband’s DD-214, we suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces and who were separated from the service prior to 1999 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where Army and Army Air Corps personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy and Marine Corps OMPFs were not affected by the fire. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.


          We hope this is helpful.


          1 person found this helpful