Dear Mr. Schumann,
Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!
We searched the National Archives Catalog and located 10 series in the Records of the Works Projects Administration (Record Group 69) regarding employment and WPA projects in Illinois:
- Administrative and Operational Correspondence Relating to Illinois, 1935-1944
- Administrative and Operational Correspondence Relating to Illinois, 3/1933- 3/1936
- Records Relating to the Armory Construction Project in Illinois, 1936-1940
- Illinois, Michigan, and Wisconsin Indexes, 1935-1942
- Illinois Final Report, 1943
- Finance, Project, and Personnel Records, 1941-1943
- Employment Records, 1937-1939
- Employment Records, 1939-1942
- Project Applications, 1935-1943
- Indexes to State Records, 1933-1943
The staff of the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) will be pleased to make the finding aids to these records available to you or your representative in the Textual Research Room located 8601 Adelphi Road, College Park, MD, near the University of Maryland--College Park campus. The Textual Research Room (Room 2000) hours are 8:45 a.m. to 5:45 p.m., Monday through Friday, except legal holidays. The RDT2 consultation room hours are 8:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except legal holidays. No appointment is necessary. Prior to your visit, please consult College Park websites at https://www.archives.gov/dc-metro/college-park/, https://www.archives.gov/dc-metro/self-service-copying.html, and https://www.archives.gov/research/start/getting-started.pdf.
We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!