1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 4, 2020 2:24 PM by Lisha Penn

    Seeking records on Paul Stauffer


      Hello, I am looking for info on a relative of mine named Paul Stauffer. I know that he was in the Marines and I believe he was from Boyertown or Bally, PA. I am looking for any information but primarily his enlistment/discharge dates and what war he served in. Thanks so much

        • Re: Seeking records on Paul Stauffer
          Lisha Penn Pioneer

          Dear Ms. Stauffer,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and medical records of officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. Marine Corps who were separated from service after 1904 and prior to May 1994 are located at NARA’s National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin.


          We searched Ancestry and located All Military Results for a Paul Stauffer. There may be a fee for using Ancestry to access digitized records. However, you may view these records online at one of NARA's facilities for free via a NARA PC. For the nearest NARA location, please consult our web page at https://www.archives.gov/locations/.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!