1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 28, 2020 10:31 AM by Lisha Penn

    Seeking records on Paul F Kelsch


      Hello, I am looking for information on a relative of mine named, Paul. Kelsch from Boyertown, PA (I think). I do not have much information on him. I am looking for any information but primarily what Service branch, enlistment/discharge dates, and what war. Thanks

        • Re: Seeking records on Paul F Kelsch
          Lisha Penn Navigator

          Dear Ms. Stauffer,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We searched the National Archives Access to Archival Databases (AAD) and located the World War II enlistment record for Paul F. Kelsch.


          We suggest that you obtain a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after October 1912 and prior to 1955 are in the custody of NARA’s National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA’s National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!