1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2020 10:48 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking to identify ceramic maker's mark


      I need to identify a ceramic maker's mark - Three upper case letters: a G, then a larger D with a [smaller than the G] E placed facing downward under the D. I would attach a picture if I could, but the description should do.  I believe it is British and along with the incised letters are the incised number 1194 which may make it date 1884.  Dozens of ceramic maker mark data bases that I have researched do not have this mark.  Thanks to anyone who can solve this strange mystery.  It strange that a mark would only be found on a vase that is three feet tall with a huge floral splay.