1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2020 12:51 PM by Hannah Bingham

    Seeking Army service picture of grandfather


      Hello, I have been searching for years to try to find a picture of my grandfather, private John Joseph "Jerry" Lesanski, WWII, Army, 12th infantry, IN UNIFORM. I would mean the world to me.  I also have his service number if that helps. It is 13021207. I have tried contacting so many people, so many different websites, and getting his records through the NPRC. Thanks so much

        • Re: Seeking Army service picture of grandfather

          Dear Ms Stauffer,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The "official" photos of individuals, taken by the military, are not considered to be permanent federal records by the respective military services and are not retained by the service. If the photo you are seeking still exists, it will most likely be found in the individual's Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) that you have already requested from NPRC. However, there is no guarantee the photograph will be present.


          We searched the World War II Operations Reports, 1940-1948 in the Records of the Adjutant General's Office, 1917-1981 (Record Group 407) but were unable to locate a yearbook with identified individuals of the 12th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division.


          We hope this is helpful!


          3 people found this helpful