2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2020 3:49 PM by Elliot Schneider

    Seeking military records of Roland E Kline, Jr


      My husband told me today that he served in the military at Fort Sills Military Base in 1975.  Where can I find those records? His name is Roland E Kline, Jr.

        • Re: Seeking military records of Roland E Kline, Jr
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          He can request his service records from the NPRC in St. Louis. Veteran would need to fill out an SF-180 and submit this information. There is also a web based site at NARA website follow tabs for veterans resources at the top left, and follow instructions for obtaining online. Once you fill out you will need to print the information sign and date then fax to number listed below.


          Hope this helps,


          Elliot Schneider

          • Re: Seeking military records of Roland E Kline, Jr
            Rebecca Collier Ranger

            Dear Ms. Kline,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Army after 1957 and prior to October 16, 1992 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.


            We also searched the National Archives Catalog and located one series titled General Orders and Permanent Orders, 3/8/1972 - 12/30/1977 of the U.S. Army Field Artillery Center and Fort Sill in the Records of the U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (Record Group 553). For access to these records, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov.


            We hope this is helpful.

            1 person found this helpful