1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 16, 2020 9:02 AM by Lisha Penn

Looking for Phoenix Indian School records

Robert Weber Newbie

Census records show my grandmother had 4 Indian children before marrying my grandfather.  They attended Phoenix Indian School between 1900 & 1910. Their names were Joe, Lizzie, Minnie, and Pedro Wolf or Wolfe.  Their father was William F. Wolf.  My Grandmother's name is Lupe Mendoza and she married William F. Wolf when she was 14. She married my grandfather in 1900.  I am looking for any records regarding the 4 Wolf children.

• Re: Looking for Phoenix Indian School records
          Lisha Penn Tracker

Dear Mr. Weber,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located a series Student Case Files, 1902-1989 in the Records of Bureau of Indian Affairs (Record Group 75) that may include the names of your ancestors who attended the Phoenix Indian School. The records are not yet digitized and available in the Catalog. For access to and/or copies, please contact the National Archives at Riverside (RW-RS) via email at riverside@nara.gov. The case files are fully open to the public, since they would have attended prior to 1945. Because earlier school records are not complete, if a case file does not exist, it does not necessarily mean that they did not attend the school.

You may wish to review Phoenix Indian School for background information.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!

[Information provided by Cody White, Subject Matter Expert]