1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 8, 2020 10:03 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking signature page for military request of personnel records


      I need to send a signature page to obtain the military personnel records of my father.

        • Re: Seeking signature page for military request of personnel records
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Ms. Burt,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

          Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF) for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces from most of the 20th century are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where Army and Air Force personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy and Marine Corps OMPFs were not affected by the fire. To request records of your father, please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 (page 2 has an area for a signature) and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. For more information see Request Military Service Records. Veterans and their next of kin can also use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. If this is an urgent request please follow the procedures on Emergency Requests and Deadlines.


          We hope this information is helpful.