1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 20, 2019 11:47 AM by Lisha Penn

    Seeking copy of my grandfather’s citizenship certificate


      I want a copy of grandfather’s certificate. I have a picture with number and case number, dated 4 March 1930. Where do I look?

        • Re: Seeking copy of my grandfather’s citizenship certificate
          Lisha Penn Pioneer

          Dear Mr. Vecchia,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you review the National Archives website Naturalization Records for information about how and where to obtain a copy of your grandfather’s citizenship certificate. See the section “Pre-1906 and After 1906.” Your grandfather’s certificate would have been issued through the Federal courts and a copy would have been submitted to and maintained by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) as either a Certificate of Citizenship or a Certificate of Naturalization. A Certificate of Citizenship means that a person derived citizenship from another person, while a Certificate of Naturalization means that a person received his/her own citizenship status in the U.S.


          You may also wish to search the U.S. Immigration and Custom Service’s website Explore My Options - Replace My Naturalization Certificate or Certificate of Citizenship for more information.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!

          1 person found this helpful