1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 17, 2019 8:48 AM by Lisha Penn

Seeking information on John B Grayson of Virginia

Teresa Williams Newbie

Seeking information on a John B. Grayson or John Grayson (Possible spelling Grasson).  I know he was in Virginia and signing legal papers as a witness prior to 1714.  Some people say he arrived about 1697 in Virginia.  I can find no record of him coming to America.  There is record of him being here and owning land, but I can find no record of him coming here.  He was either from England or Scotland.   His grandson was William Grayson one of the first two Senators from Virginia.  I am seeking when he came to America and what country he came from.  A birth date would also be nice.

• Re: Seeking information on John B Grayson of Virginia
          Lisha Penn Navigator

Dear Ms. Williams,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog but were unable to locate any records pertaining to the emigration of John B. Grayson or John Grasson to the British colony of Virginia in 1697 using the information provided.

For information about his emigration from England, we suggest you contact The National Archives of the United Kingdom, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 4DU, United Kingdom for any information about a 17th ship departure and/or emigration lists to Virginia. The website is https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/.

We also suggest that you review the State of Virginia’s Library of Virginia website for information about its holdings and special collections about Colonial Virginia.

Plus, you may wish to see John B. Grayson or Descendents of John Grayson websites for additional information.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!