1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 11, 2019 3:31 PM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking cousin's Vietnam records


      My cousin ,Natividad or Nate Medina Jr, served in Vietnam in 1966-1968 and was awarded the Bronze Star.  I would like any info for our family genealogy.

        • Re: Seeking cousin's Vietnam records
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Ms. Nettleman,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          To seek the records of your cousin, please begin by requesting a copy of his/her Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces during the Vietnam War are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Certain information in the records is not available without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin.


          We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!


          1 person found this helpful