1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 12, 2019 11:44 AM by Lisha Penn

    Seeking Fort Riley basic training photos


      Trying to find my fathers military photos from 1959-1961. He was stationed at Fort Riley then Fort Lewis. Anything would be helpful or a push in the right direction, please?

        • Re: Seeking Fort Riley basic training photos
          Lisha Penn Pioneer

          Dear Mr. Dipota,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of your father’s Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after October 1912 and prior to 1955 are in the custody of NARA’s National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA’s National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002.


          Photographs of various U.S. Army activities dating from 1940 to 2007 are in the custody of the National Archives at College Park - Still Picture (RDSS). Please contact RDSS via email at stillpix@nara.gov and their website is https://www.archives.gov/dc-metro/college-park/photographs-dc.html.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!