2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2019 9:13 PM by Joel St.Cyr

Searching for Vietnam Photo of my Father

Joel St.Cyr Newbie

Hello,  Today my father told me a story he's never told me. A quick background. My father was among the last to be drafted for the Vietnam War after he became eligible after graduating from college. He joined and served in the 101st Airborne Division until the war ended.

Today he told me about the day he departed from Vietnam.  As he was getting ready to board the craft, him and another infantryman were pulled aside and asked to pose for a photograph. The photographer explained to them that they were among the very last group of the 101st Airborne Division soldiers to leave Vietnam at the end of the war. As in very last craft to depart with troops.  My thinking is that photo has to be out there somewhere. I intend to verify if this photo exists and if so acquire a copy for a family heirloom.

I am contacting you here to ask if there are any names I can contact or agencies that might lead me in the right direction. If you need any other information, let me know. I have contacted the  Army Historical Foundation and they suggested the Don F. Pratt museum which I'm still waiting for word back on. Thank you.