1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 26, 2019 10:38 AM by Holly Rivet

    Seeking to change DD-256A into DD-214


      Can you change a DD-256 A into a DD-214 ?  My Dad served in the Army Reserves from 1954-1962 during active war times and was on stand by.  He passed away in 2015 and was cremated.  Can he get a Military Headstone and Military Honors?  My Mom is still with us and I would like to get this done and my question answered when things aren't so under pressure.  Thank You, Karen

        • Re: Seeking to change DD-256A into DD-214
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Ms. Foster,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest beginning your inquiry with the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) - St. Louis.  They can determine precisely what Military Honors he is entitled to. Please submit a completed SF-180 to 1 Archives Dr. St. Louis, MO 63138-1002.  Include any documents regarding his service you have, such as the DD-256 to assist with locating holdings pertaining to his service. 


          We hope this information is useful and best of luck with your endeavors!


          Holly Rivet


          1 person found this helpful