1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 26, 2019 11:57 AM by Malisa Simco

    Seeking records for Kenneth B Holmes


      I’m looking for record for Kenneth B Holmes. His medical records were said to be burnt in St Louis. We need to get proof of his military service and medical files. He was Part of the 3rd Infantry Division, 2nd Battalion, Artillery division from 1966-68. His total military service was January 11th 1966 - Dec 22nd 1968 and his service number was RA16855591. Where do we go or who do we contact to be able to find his records?

        • Re: Seeking records for Kenneth B Holmes

          Dear Mr. Green,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          To seek the records of Kenneth B. Holmes, we suggest you begin by requesting his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs for those who served in the U.S. Army after 1957 and prior to October 16, 1992 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Please provide the NRPC with all the information you have. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin.


          We checked the Vietnam Order of Battle by Shelby L. Stanton but 3rd Infantry Division was not listed as serving in Vietnam. Once you receive the OMPF of Kenneth Holmes, please let us know what division is listed and we would be happy to search for further information.


          We hope this is helpful! Best of luck with your research!


          2 people found this helpful