1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2019 8:57 AM by Lisha Penn Branched to a new discussion.

    Seeking replacement of father's medals and/or citations


      My Fathers DD214's dating from Discharge Dates of 1937, 1940 & 1945 indicate that he received several Medals and/or Citations. How do I request his Lost Medals and/or Citations as he is deceased? Please respond for my assistance request. Thank you.

        • Re: Seeking replacement of father's medals and/or citations
          Lisha Penn Pioneer

          Dear Mr. Higgins,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          For Air Force (including Army Air Corps), Army, and Navy personnel, NARA’s National Personnel Records Center will verify the awards to which a veteran is entitled and forward the request with the verification to the appropriate service department for issuance of the medals. For requesting medals and awards, please use eVetRecs on our web site at https://www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/ or complete a GSA Standard Form 180

          and send it to NARA’s Military Personnel Records, National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. Provide as much information as possible in Section II under “other.”


          We hope this is helpful.