1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 13, 2019 9:05 AM by Malisa Simco

    Seeking photo of husband while in Air Force


      I am looking for a photo of my late husband who served in the United States Air Force

        • Re: Seeking photo of husband while in Air Force

          Dear Ms. Barr,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The "official" photograph of an individual is not considered to be permanent federal records by the respective military services and is not retained in a separate collection by the service. If the photograph you are seeking still exists, it will most likely be found in your late husband’s Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). However, there is no guarantee the photograph will be present.


          To request his OMPF, please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.


          We hope this is helpful!

          1 person found this helpful