2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2019 9:09 AM by Lisha Penn

    Seeking to upgrade my DD-214


      looking to upgrade my discharge. Please help

        • Re: Seeking to upgrade my DD-214
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          You need to provide the burden of proof depending on what you are seeking to have corrected. You may need to contact Military Board of Corrections.  Depending on time frame will determine what form you need to submit. Discharge Review Board utilize DD 293, if more than 15 years since error or injustice you need to utilize DD 149. In either case you will need to provide documentation to support your case.





          Elliot Schneider

          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking to upgrade my DD-214
            Lisha Penn Pioneer

            Dear Mr. Lang,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            The National Archives and Records Administration does not have the authority to make changes to personnel records. Changes can only be made by the Department of Defense. To correct a military personnel record, use DD Form 149 (Application for Correction of Military Record). The DD-149 is available in .pdf format from the Department of Defense at



            We recommend that you should review NARA’s Correcting Military Service Records for more information. See the side panel on the right for where to send your form to the appropriate military service branch.


            We hope this is helpful.


            1 person found this helpful